Book in 1.9.7+ editor display problem

Book in 1.9.7+ editor display problem

by Daniel Schimrik -
Number of replies: 5
Hello,

I upgraded my Moodle from version 1.9.6+ to 1.9.7+ (Build: 20091209), book-version stayed the same as before.

After the upgrade, the editor does not display correctly while editing a book chapter. Outside of books it works as normal. The editor is much larger than before, see screenshot.

Is there a fix available for this problem?

Regards, Daniel

Attachment 197book-editor.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Schimrik

Re: Book in 1.9.7+ editor display problem

by Daniel Schimrik -
Hello,

I found the problem: After upgrading to the latest book version and including theming information in our theme, it works.

regards, Daniel
In reply to Daniel Schimrik

by Steve Bluck -
Hi Daniel,
We have the same issue & being a new moodle admin I'd like to know what you mean by "including theming information in our theme"
big grin
Cheers
Steve
In reply to Steve Bluck

by Mauno Korpelainen -
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Daniel Schimrik -
Hello Mauno,

thanks for the link. All other places where the editor is displayed worked fine also with the latest 1.9,7+, only the book had problems.

So I first upgraded to the latest book module, which solved the editor display problem, but the display of book-content was very different than before. My old book version had its own css for theming, the latest book is missing that css. After copying all css-values into my own theme, book works as fine as before.

On another Moodle it was sufficient to upgrade to the latest book version because the theme was related with Custom Corners, which is (I think) related to Standard theme. So all required theming information is already placed in these related themes.

Regards, Daniel