Problem after Installing HP module

Problem after Installing HP module

by Rod Spears -
Number of replies: 13
Using Moodle Version 1.3.4

After installing the HP module and choosing the option to add HP Quiz.

I have uploaded the HP quiz from my local computer.

When I choose the file that I want to use nothing happens.  The file name box is still empty.  When I type in the name of the file I get a message that says:

no action was specified

and when I click to Continue I am brought back to my login page.

What is happening to cause this?

Rod Spears
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rod Spears

Re: Problem after Installing HP module

by John Rodgers -

Rod:

When you are presented with the file window, there is a choose (as well as rename etc) option to the right hand side of the file description.  The check boxes don't do the job. Is that the problem?

Attachment choose.png
In reply to John Rodgers

by Rod Spears -
No, the problem is that when I click on Choose, nothing happens.

Rod
In reply to Rod Spears

by Thomas Robb -
Please see this discussion which has a downloadable .zip file that will fix this problem.

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=11706
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Rod Spears -
Thanks for the help.

That solution fixed the problem.  However, now when I choose to attempt the quiz I get a 404 file not found error.  The top frame shows the directions for the quiz, but the bottom frame is where the 404 error shows.

Also the quiz does not show up in my course, it shows up in the main menu.

This happens when I use Explorer and Firefox.

Rod Spears
In reply to Rod Spears

by Thomas Robb -
Does your hotpot file require any additional files in order to work properly? I don't think it is the main hotpot file that can't be found, but rather some ancillary file.

The 404 error usually displays the path of the file that it couldn't find. What is it?
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Rod Spears -
I don't think an additional files are required.  Only one htm file was created by HotPot for each exercise.  One is a crossword puzzle and the other a fill in the blanks quiz.
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Rod Spears -
Tom,

I noticed that you have visited my site.  Since that time I have removed the HotPot quizzes since they are not working correctly.  To work around the problem for the time being, I have added those quizzes under Resources.  However, I had the same problem of "File not Found" when I tried to add the quizzes as an Uploaded File.  It works only when I load the quiz as a Resource and using the Web Page option. 

I have noticed that a HotPot folder is created in my moodle/data/1 or /2 directory each time I try to add a quiz and a file with the same name is created in that directory.  However, when I try to open that file I get the same File not Found message.

Rod Spears
In reply to Rod Spears

by Thomas Robb -
Rod,

This means that the problem does not lie with the HP module itself but rather has something to do with the permissions or perhaps the path you have set to your moodledata area.

Can you upload mugshots successfully? That also requires a correct path to the moodledata directory.

--Tom

In reply to Thomas Robb

by Rod Spears -
How would I check and correct this?
In reply to Rod Spears

by Thomas Robb -
> How would I check and correct this?

I need to know first if pictures are being uploaded properly. Please let me know.
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Rod Spears -
No, I uploaded a picture to my profile and it only shows a placeholder, but no picture.

I also had a problem when I created an assignment requiring students to upload their file after completion of the assignment.  The file shows up on the server, but when I try to open the file via Moodle the browser cannot find the file.

I checked my permissions and set them to 777.

Does it matter what name I have given to my data directory.  I notice that you referred to it as moodledata.  I simply named my data, in the moodle directory.  This is the path that I specified in the config file, moodle/data

Rod Spears
In reply to Rod Spears

by Rod Spears -
I still don't have a solution for this problem.

Can anyone help?

Rod Spears
In reply to Rod Spears

by Thomas Robb -
It is strongly recommended that the moodledata folder (or whatever you call it) should NOT be placed inside the moodle folder but rather outside your public web space. Please try moving the current folder outside your www or 'public_html" folder and modifying your configuration to reflect the change.

Another problem might be the space if you indeed called your folder 'my data'. Try renaming it to 'my_data' instead.