Adding sound to Entry and Exit pages in Quizport

Adding sound to Entry and Exit pages in Quizport

- Deborah Delin の投稿
返信数: 2

Hi Gordon,

I wish to include audio instructions for my younger learners in my entry and exit pages but am having a couple of problems when linking to media files:

- trying to play the sound sometimes causes an "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to close down" message on my and others' computers.  If I fiddle with the code for long enough I can usually get rid of the problem but I can't work out why it happens.

- the sound takes a long time to load.

Am I right in thinking it is not possible to use the Quizport notation in exit and entry pages?

You mentioned to me once that there is a setting on Moodle's standard media player to tell it not to wait for the sound to upload.  Is this setting in Moodle's regular interface because I can't find it.......

Would  very much appreciate your advice and thanks as always.

Deborah

Deborah Delin への返信

Re: Adding sound to Entry and Exit pages in Quizport

- Gordon Bateson の投稿
画像 Core developers 画像 Peer reviewers 画像 Plugin developers
Hi Deborah,
you are right in thinking that the [square brackets] notation, doesn't work in QuizPort entry or exit pages.

Also, QuizPort doesn't convert relative urls to absolute urls on the entry and exit pages, because QuizPort doesn't know what any relative URLs would be relative to.

I believe the text on entry and exit pages is filtered through Moodle's standard filters, so if you have your mediaplugins filter enabled on your Moodle site (Site administration -> Modules -> Filters -> Manage filters), the easiest way to embed a player for your sound file is to use a simple link:
Moodle will detect that and insert the appropriate player.

If you want to do something crafty like change the size of the player or stream the sound file, then I suggest you have Moodle insert a media player with standard settings using a simple link (as I just described), copy and paste that code and then modifiy it to do what you want.

Details on the mp3 player settings are here:
all the best
Gordon
Gordon Bateson への返信

Re: Adding sound to Entry and Exit pages in Quizport

- Deborah Delin の投稿

Thanks very much for your explanation Gordon.

I am still not sure why the link method sometimes makes IE close down, but I think it is a general and not Quizport specific problem so I will ask on the general forum.

Deborah