"Give up" button not working in find_it_v3.4b

"Give up" button not working in find_it_v3.4b

by Glenys Hanson -
Number of replies: 6
Hi Gordon,

The "give up" button doesn't work with Michael Rottmeier's find_it_v3.4b, that is, the "Correct the mistakes" version. Students can get "trapped" in this exercise because if they can't find all the mistakes there's no way (as far as I know) that they can leave the exercice and move on to the next one. You can see an example here.

Cheers,
Glenys
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: "Give up" button not working in find_it_v3.4b

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Oh dear. When you say "doesn't work", do you mean that the button appears but clicking it does not force the quiz to finish, thanks.

Also, are you running this quiz from the XML file or the HTML file?

Did you get a JavaScript error in the browser?

regards
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I found some answers.
  • we are talking about a FindIt(b) quiz run from the html file
  • the source file type is correct (hp_6_jcloze_html_findit_b)
  • when the quiz is finished, or when the "Stop" button is clicked, the results should be returned and the next quiz should be displayed but this does not happen
  • changing the source file to the ".jcl" file and switching the output format to "FindIt(b) from XML" does not improve the situation
looks like the FindIt(b) output format does not return results to Moodle.

I will continue investigating later
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
Hmm, not sure what happened when but the quiz seems to be returning results when completed now.

So we are back to where we started - the give up button. I am working on that now ...
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
Hi Glenys,
just a quick update ...

I have confirmed that the "stop" button on a FindIt(a) quiz doesn't work as expected, and I have found out why this happens. I have realized how to fix the problem and I will implement a solution tomorrow.

out for now
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
Hi Glenys,
I think I have fixed the issue of the ineffective stop button on FindIt(b) quizzes.

I have updated your site and it is now possible to escape from the quiz you referred to earlier. When you have a minute, please could you have a look and confirm that it now works as you expect.

The new version of the QuizPort module is 2008033153:
It only affects FindIt(b) quizzes with a "Stop" button.

thanks again for bringing this issue to my attention.

best regards
Gordon

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi Gordon,

It works just fine now. Thanks a lot.

Glenys