Main menu "link properties"

Main menu "link properties"

by Will Cunningham -
Number of replies: 4
I am trying to figure out how to change the class of one link in the main menu block. I know I can go into the css and change how the links appear there but I want to selectively change the class of only certain links.

I have searched all through the forums and through the database and I can't seem to find where I can change the information is stored.

I found in mdl_course table under course 1: in modinfo the name of the link but it is written if a format that I do not recognize and I am not sure if that is where I should make an edit.

Any help would be appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Will Cunningham

Re: Main menu "link properties"

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Will,

Can you be a bit more specific which links you want to modify and in which way? A screenshot would also be helpful.

tia
Frank
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Will Cunningham -
Sure, the image is of the main menu block. What I am trying to do is have some of the links open in a lightbox window. To do this the link needs to have class=lightwindow" assigned to it. I was trying to figure out where in the database I would need to edit so I could just add it to the markup. Not sure if it is possible or not.
ddd
In reply to Will Cunningham

by Frank Ralf -
Thanks for the information. Do you mean links to resources like in the screenshot? Perhaps you could use the parameter settings for the desired effect (but that's just an idea off the top of my head).

hth
Frank
Attachment Main_menu_add_link.png
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Will Cunningham -
Not sure if maybe I haven't explained myself very well because now I am confused smile

In the main menu, whether it be a resource, quiz, link, database, or anything else I want to be able to change the css of the link to whatever it is. I can do this in the database if I knew where to look.

I am assuming that when the main menu block renders on the page it is pulling the information to populate the box from the database. Where can I find that information.

I dont know if I have explained what I am looking to do very well but maybe it will help.