Tex Strut Trouble

Tex Strut Trouble

by Eduardo Tello -
Number of replies: 0
Hello all:

I'm having a problem and I haven't been able to find the solution, I hope you can help me.

I'm triying to keep latex formulas aligned with the text they are in, however whenever I use a carrat "^" or an underscore "_" to have a superindex or a subindex the equation moves slightly up or down, I know this is becuse The css makes the images to be centered to the line so if the image is taller it goes down a bit, no big mistery there.

Since I'm trying to keep it aligned I thought I could use either the rule or the raise box commands to make the equation stay where I want it; sadly this is not the case, while rule works, I can't make the box it creates invisible (0px) to use it just to style my document (this tecnique is called strut); on the other hand the raise box command doesn't seem to work if its only one ellement you are rising since the image it produces is the same height and it keeps getting aligned to the middle.

With both options I run into a third problem: for some obscure reason the first letter of the equation is rendered using a diferent typography than the rest whenever I use the rule or rise box commands.

I have searched the forums here and have found nothing, has anyone run into theese probles? is there a solution.

Thanks

Ed.
Average of ratings: -