One Content & Many different groups of students

One Content & Many different groups of students

by Alexei Priymneko -
Number of replies: 2

Hello Everyone!

I am administaring a big course with a lot of contents, generaly quizes.

I am looking for a way i may manage one course with lots of content with students enroled in it from different groups.

In general i mean: One content and Many different groups of students with separate grade managment.

Meanwhile, i made one Metacourse with all the content and enrolled there students from two different groups. Yet, it turns out that the grades are not stored in the child courses but only in the Metacourse. This is a problem for instructors to manage grades separately.

Hope i was clear and looking forward for Gurus to help smile

Sincerely,

Alexei

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alexei Priymneko

Re: One Content & Many different groups of students

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Alexei - I have split your forum and made a new thread of it as I felt it was less to do with metacourses and more to do with groups. It is very possible to manage one course with different teachers and different classes - you need to check out the groups and groupings facilities in the Moodle docs. Here are a couple of links to get your started: Groups
and : Groupings
and: Groups v Groupings
and a screencast I did on groups/groupings

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: One Content & Many different groups of students

by Alexei Priymneko -

Mary Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I defenately have cheked that option. However, it made me more confused than i before.

I still, can't find athe way to manage one content (wich is updated each day) with two or more separate groups eroled in it for mainly manage their grades separately.

I missing something for sure...

Regards,

Alexei