Broken tabs

Broken tabs

by Luke Bridges -
Number of replies: 13

This happened after updating to 1.9.6+ from 1.9.5+, nothing else has changed in the theme files or anything else.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/cboomf/tabproblem.jpg

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luke Bridges

Re: Broken tabs

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Luke,
Your screenshot shows the tabs in the Questionnaire (3rd party) plugin. Are you also getting broken tabs in the other, standard, activities? If you are only getting this display problem in the Questionnaire activity, then please re-post to the relevant Questionnaire forum and I'll have a look.
It would really help if you said which theme you are actually using and to have access to your moodle site if it's available online.
Joseph
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Luke Bridges -

Thanks for the reply.

I am using a custom theme which had no problems before, and yes it does appear on all tabs throughout the site not just the questionnaire (thats just what i noticed first) the moodle is at http://moodle.opgs.org.

Thansk for taking a look.

In reply to Luke Bridges

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Luke,

There's not much to look at without being able to login sad
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Luke Bridges -

Unfortuantely under school policy we can't allow guest access. But i believe that if its a css problem the css can still be grabbed even from the login page. Its annoying because its the onyl problem there is, otherwise we have a fully w3c compliant moodle sad

(and it just looks horrible)

In reply to Luke Bridges

by Frank Ralf -
Yes, you're right regarding the CSS. Should have thought of that...

Is your custom theme based on a standard parent theme? That would make troubleshooting a bit easier.

And which browser do you use?

Frank

PS:
Just for convenience sake I resized your screenshot so that it will upload here.
Attachment tabproblem_small75.jpg
In reply to Luke Bridges

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Luke,

It is really quite hard to help you without any access to your online site itself or to your full theme files.sad

I have tried to "grab" the CSS rules you are using in your theme from the front page, and applied them to my test site, and the tabs work OK, both in MSIE and FF (see screenshot). The only way we could help further would be if you could zip all the files of your custom theme and post the zip file here (or send it to my personal email address, see my profile).

Joseph

Attachment image00.jpg

by Frank Ralf -
Same result here, even in IE6! That would suggest that this is no CSS related problem. Have you customized any other theme files, e.g. header.html?

Frank

by Luke Bridges -

It happens in any browser i use, ill see what i can do regarding the zip....

And im now guessing that css isn't the problem since it worked for you inyour moodle, but will try and get the zip up here

UPDATE : Sorry bout the download wait (free hosting package)

Theme

In reply to Luke Bridges

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Luke,

it looks like you should set to your theme config.php

$THEME->standardmetainclude = true;

(It's now false and no IE specific css is read for tabs and forms from standard theme styles_ie6.css and styles_ie7.css)

In reply to Luke Bridges

by Frank Ralf -
Thanks! It's broken in IE6 now, FF is OK.

Frank
Attachment Oakwood_tabs_IE6.png
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Frank Ralf -
Mauno's suggestions seems to solve the issue in IE6 (with the usual minor glitch):

Attachment Oakwood_tabs_IE6_amended.png
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Luke Bridges -

Thanks, it now does this but don't worry bout that, it always did that on this certain computer tongueout

You lot have been an amazing help. Thanks again

Attachment tabs.JPG