Restore stops after Unzipping backup

Restore stops after Unzipping backup

by Walter Atchison -
Number of replies: 2
No error message, just nothing else happens.
I'm taking a backup made on MAMP w/ 1.9.5+ and trying to restore to 1.9.5+ on a server.

I probably should just go back to writing textbooks, as I've never written a line of code before, or even posted to any forum in my life, but I thought I'd just drop a line here in hopes there's something obvious I'm missing.

Thanks for any hints.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Walter Atchison

Re: Restore stops after Unzipping backup

by HJWUCGA INC. -
the versions are very picky. If you don't have the exactly version and not just by release but the same weekly one, you will encounter problems. I had 2 1.9.2 versions but one was 1 week after and the restore failed too. If you have the original .tgz file, use the same for both
In reply to Walter Atchison

Re: Restore stops after Unzipping backup

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Walter,

Attempting to restore a course to an older version of Moodle than the one the course was backed up on can result in the restore process failing to complete (source: Backup and restore FAQ), however 1.9.5 to 1.9.5 should be no problem at all. Christopher, I've never heard of different weekly builds within the same version causing a problem before.

To help diagnose the problem, turn on Debugging then try searching moodle.org for the error message you obtain. Please post back here with your findings.