Unable to delete test Glossary

Unable to delete test Glossary

by Mark Woods -
Number of replies: 5

It has been a long day and I seem to have lost the plot.shy

I created a glossary manually, then tested the import routine to create a test glossary. I now have two glossaries.

I did originally have the glossaries showing up in the activity block with a delete option. However, the activity block now just shows the Glossaries legend with no edit or delete option. I can still get to the glossaries but I have totally lost the option to delete either of them.  In fact everything in my Activity block is uneditable for some reasosn. (Yes I am in edit mode as administrator.)

I know it will be a simple thing ... as I say, its been a long day ... any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks Mark

Attachment Activities_Block.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Woods

Re: Unable to delete test Glossary

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mark,
I wonder where you got the (wrong) idea that you can edit activities in the Activities block. You can edit (or delete) activities (and resources) when you are in Edit mode, in the Topics in the central column of your Moodle course.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mark Woods -

Hi and thanks Joseph,

Yes we understand what you're saying but this activity was created outside a course and we can't find any way of deleting the extra (test) glossary. They both show up in the activity block outside of the courses.

I did originally have the delete option showing next to the glossaries in the activity block but these disappeared at some point. I am in edit mode and logged in as an Admin.

Is there some other way to either delete or disable the glossaries? Should I delve into the SQL DB for example? We don't want students to see the TWO glossaries.

Thanks

Mark

In reply to Mark Woods

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

1. this activity was created outside a course

do you mean it was created on your moodle site front page?

2. I did originally have the delete option showing next to the glossaries in the activity block but these disappeared at some point.

Are you absolutely certain of this? I have never seen a delete option in the activity block.

If 1 = yes, then there is indeed (in edit mode) the possibility to delete an activity from the Main Menu block (see attached). Is that what you mean?

If not, then can you provide some more details, maybe a screenshot or two?

Joseph

Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mark Woods -

Thanks Joseph,

Ok I am an idiot ... blush

Thanks - I had actually seen the delete options in the Main Menu block NOT the activity block - and I had deleted the Main Menu block.

Having switched it back on I have the delete options back and we are all happy here.

I apologise for the confusion ... it was a long day yesterday !!

Again - thanks for your help and patience.

Mark