Can't install scheduler 1.9

Can't install scheduler 1.9

by D. S. -
Number of replies: 10

Hi All,

After copying over the scheduler directory to the mod directory, I get the following error when I navigate to Notifications.

Module "scheduler" (2008080800) could not be installed. It requires a newer version of Moodle (currently you are using 2007101551, you need 2008092400).Scroll to continue button

I am running Moodle 1.9.5 20090916.

This is a very recent install in a test environment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Doug

Average of ratings: -
In reply to D. S.

Re: Can't install scheduler 1.9

by Jeffery Watkins -
Download the other Scheduler package... the one that says 1.9, not latest. I had same problem a few days ago and the other package worked.

Jeff
In reply to Jeffery Watkins

by D. S. -

Thanks Jeff,

I actually tried that and it didn't work.  Tried it again and it did.  Perhaps I clicked on latest build again.

This worked.

Doug

In reply to D. S.

by Edson Correa -
Hi, I have the same problem and cannot make it install. Anyone can help me? I´ve already tried to reinstall and give me the same message avery time: that my version of moodle is 2007101563 and I need the 2008092400 version. But I have the latest Moodle (1.96). What I need to get this to work??
In reply to Edson Correa

by Roger Emery -
I have the same problem - neither package works!

I get the same problem as Edson with the 'latest version' download and the '1.9' download just gives me a blank admin screen.

Have reverted to the old version I have (with bugs)

Anyone shed light - is it just something wrong with the version number check on the latest version, can I change it to earlier so it works?

Roger
In reply to Roger Emery

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Roger,

what is your exact version of Moodle (ie what is the build number, visible in your admin screen)?

Also, where exactly did you download the scheduler module from? Have you tried the following:

Altenatively, have you tried the latest version from the CVS,

http://cvs.moodle.org/contrib/plugins/mod/scheduler/

(take the version tagged as MOODLE_19_STABLE).
In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Roger Emery -
Hi,
Thanks for your reply
We are using
Moodle 1.9.5+ (Build: 20090527)

I tried the two versions linked from this page:
http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=2732
Both the 'latest build' and the 1.9 version.

Roger

In reply to Roger Emery

by Worth Bishop -
The "Download latest version" per the Scheduler module download page (as of 02/01/2010), has an error in the scheduler/version.php file. It says:

$module->version = 2008080800; // The current module version (Date: YYYYMMDDXX)
$module->requires = 2008092400; // Requires this Moodle version
$module->cron = 60; // Period for cron to check this module (secs)

However, the latest version of the 1.97 branch as of this date is (per moodle/version.php, updated via cvs this date, 02/01/2010):

$version = 2007101571.02; // YYYYMMDD = date of the 1.9 branch (don't change)
// X = release number 1.9.[0,1,2,3,4,5...]
// Y.YY = micro-increments between releases

$release = '1.9.7+ (Build: 20100127)'; // Human-friendly version name

The "Download for Moodle 1.9" file, per the Scheduler module download page, shows the following in scheduler/version.php:

$module->version = 2008061700; // The current module version (Date: YYYYMMDDXX)
$module->requires = 2004082300; // Requires this Moodle version
$module->cron = 60; // Period for cron to check this module (secs)

This discrepancy prevents the "latest version" from installing correctly.

I changed the "requires" version to 2007101571 (which I am running) and the "latest version" module installed without incident. YMMV, depending on your version...

Good luck.

PS - Cross-posted to the Scheduler Module download page "Comments" form.

In reply to Worth Bishop

by Valery Fremaux -

Hi Worth

I hope I understand you well, and if I do, the version requirement ou found in latest verison available of scheduler is intended to avoid installation on Moodle 1.9.

Actually the code that has been released in the HEAD is preparing the Moodle 2.0 compatibility, that will totaly breack the 1.9 behaviour.

Thus we are maintaining as far we can the 1.9 version on the MOODLE_19_STABLE branch and refered so as "Download for 1.9".

I do not know if this covers all the desease you got, but this will probably be frequently happening as soon as non core contribs will be reviewed for 2.0 reintegration.

Cheers.

In reply to Valery Fremaux

by Worth Bishop -
Hi Valery-

Got it - the hard way.

I guess what threw me off was that the module was labeled "Scheduler 1.9" with a "Latest version" and a "1.9" version. Thinking that this was following the general Moodle practice of designating a point release, a la '1.97' with subsequent updates for bug fixes as '1.97+' built weekly (or, as I interpret it, the "latest version"), I used the "latest version".

One idea might be to clearly label the versions in the contrib section as being designed for "2.0" if that's the case, rather than simply "latest version" which is a bit more ambiguous.

Happy to say that after I quit trying to "fix" the latest version and just deleted it, the 1.9 version installed happily.

Apologies to you and others for the misinformation I posted earlier, and thanks for the mod!

Cheers!
In reply to Worth Bishop

by Alan Woollard -

I have same problems.

I have repeatedly tried to install and everything appears to go well with no errors.

When I go to settings all I get is the option to make all teachers grade.

No other controls show.

There iare no links on either teacher or student pages.

I am using 1.9.10+

Alan