Adding rows to table in wiki - suddenly stopped working

Adding rows to table in wiki - suddenly stopped working

by Dave Shearan -
Number of replies: 2

A group of people at our college use a wiki to collect names and addresses of people who have signed up for part-time courses. I originally created an empty table structure that they could use and each course (a page on the wiki) uses this table structure which they fill in as somebody enrols. From time to time my original template for the table is not big enough so they use the wiki toolbar tool to add new rows.

OK so far - I'm guessing there are a whole load of people who already think I am mad. Tables in wikis? Is he asking for trouble?

Well as it happens it has been working fine up to a day or two ago. Suddenly one of the people with editing rights discovered that she could no longer add rows. The toolbar icons still exist (in the expanded view) but when she clicked on the icon to add a new row absolutely nothing happened. I couldn't understand that but put it down to something odd with her PC.

Today the others in the group are reporting the same problem and now it also affects me. One bright person suggested that everything was OK until the updates and she was referring to automated Windows updates. I thiink she is right because those updates have just been applied to my PC as well.

The questions are 'What update could have caused this?' and 'Is there anything I can do about it?'

A long shot I know but I hope somebody can help

Dave

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Shearan

Re: Adding rows to table in wiki - suddenly stopped working

by Nigel Metcalfe -
Hi Dave,
if it is a wiki that you have edited lots of times try the following:
in edit mode,
turn on the html view,
delete all the lines like this: <div class="indent"></div>,
and then save.

In reply to Nigel Metcalfe

Re: Adding rows to table in wiki - suddenly stopped working

by Dave Shearan -

Thanks Nigel - I have seend those tags before but not in this instance. We have a lot of wiki pages containing these tables and none of them work. It does seem now as though it might have been a Windows update that caused it to stop working, possible an update to Internet Explorer or to Javascript.

I have subsequently tested it using Firefox and the add/delete row/column icons all work