QuizPort sometimes puts wrong unit name in gradebook

QuizPort sometimes puts wrong unit name in gradebook

by Gerald Grow -
Number of replies: 5
Gordon, here's an odd thing.

QuizPort normally shows the name of the QuizPort unit in the gradebook. Sometimes, however, it lists the unit name as "QuizPort QuizPort," rather than, say, "QuizPort Hyphens," where "Hyphens" is the name of the unit.

The unit's name shows up properly when I open the unit or open to edit it.

Two questions:

(1) How do I prevent this? I have not been able to identify any common action that might have led to the misnamed units.

(2) If it happens, how do I change the name of that unit in the gradebook? I've tried every place I can think of, and the quiz name displays correctly everywhere except in the gradebook.

I've emailed you access information if you want to see this situation on my site. Just look at the gradebook, then track back to one of the units the gradebook calls "QuizPort QuizPort." You'll see that, in other forms of display, the unit's name is properly shown.

Thanks,

Gerald Grow

Below are screen shots from the gradebook (under Categories and Items view), showing two examples where units were named "QuizPort QuizPort."

QuizportGradeName1

The file called "QuizPort QuizPort" here should have been "QuizPort Subject-Verb Agreement 1."

QuizportGradeName2

The file called "QuizPort QuizPort" here should have been "QuizPort Adjectives and Modifiers."
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gerald Grow

Re: QuizPort sometimes puts wrong unit name in gradebook

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Gerald,
thanks for bringing this up. I was looking at this just today. It seems QuizPort does not change the name of the gradebook entry if the QuizPort activity name is changed. I have fixed the cause of the problem and I am just working on the QuizPort update script so that it will go through and make sure the QuizPorts you have already created are synchronized with the gradebook.

So if you can wait a couple more days this problem will be fixed the next time you update QuizPort.

I will let you know here when the new scripts are ready.

Best regards
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Gerald,
thanks for waiting. The update script is ready. It is bundled into the latest QuizPort download. Please update when you next have a chance:
all the best
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gerald Grow -
That fixed it, Gordon! I just installed the revision and checked.

Good work!

Gerald
In reply to Gerald Grow

by Gerald Grow -
Gordon, that link downloads the HotPot module, not QuizPort.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gerald Grow

by Gordon Bateson -

Well spotted Gerald.approve. I have fixed the link.

all the best
Gordon