Help with Funky theme

Help with Funky theme

by Gary Rodgers -
Number of replies: 13
Hi all, i am working on our schools new upcoming VLE intranet and we have chosen to use the Funky red theme. I have almost completed the tweaks but there is one niggling thing, we want to replace the moodle logo in the top left of the theme with our own school logo. The moodle logo is 221 x 63 pixels, our school logo can be made to be the same height (63) but has to be wider, (more like 400), so when i replce the moodle logo with ours, it cuts off part way along. Does anyone know where i can find and change the logo dimension settings? I`ve searched loads of the themes .css files but i`m drawing a blank each time. Many thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Rodgers

Re: Help with Funky theme

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm not familiar with that theme but are you using Firebug? That should show you in seconds what is causing the image to be clipped.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Gary Rodgers -

Hmmm, i have to say thats the first i`ve heard of Firebug, i`ll google it and have a look, i am currently working on our VLE in wamp on my local machine before we move it to our school servers.

In reply to Gary Rodgers

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It's an addin for Firefox...

http://getfirebug.com/

Your life will be changed forever big grin
In reply to Howard Miller

by Gary Rodgers -

Got to say, i wish i had know about it earlier! LOL, anyways, i still cant seem to get to the root of my problem, i thought i had......made what i thought were the changes which needed to be made, reloaded the page, and...........nothing! GRRR.

I have supplied a screenshot (if it worked), to give an idea of my problem, its our logo in the top left.

Attachment Untitled.jpg
In reply to Gary Rodgers

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Gary,

Can you post a working link for downloading that theme? http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=26&rid=1010&filter=1 doesn't seem to work.

tia
Frank
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Gary Rodgers -

Sure, it took me a while to find a working link, will post in a mo

In reply to Gary Rodgers

by Gary Rodgers -

Here goes  http://playpen.moodle.com.au/moodle/downloads/funky.zip

Thanks for your help so far.

In reply to Gary Rodgers

by Gary Rodgers -
Thought i had it then, found out how to make the changes using Firebug, but when i restart moodle its back to how it was before, like its not saving the settings.
In reply to Gary Rodgers

by Frank Ralf -
If you change something using Firebug those changes are only temporary. You have to put those changes in a file. See Themes_FAQ#Are_there_tools_which_help_me_creating_and_editing_themes.3F.
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Gary Rodgers -
Wey Heeeyy!................Done it. Thanks for your advice, Firebug pointed me in the right direction to the file which needed editing wink Nice one.
In reply to Gary Rodgers

by Frank Ralf -
So I'm too late and this is JFTR wink

But there might be others with similar problems.

Actually the logo is taken from the parent theme's "Funky" folder.

The CSS says "background: repeat;" for the loge (which is a bit strange and should better be "no-repeat").

And to keep the logo from actually be shown repeatedly the CSS makes only so much room for it by setting its left padding...

Attachment Funky_theme_logo256.png
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Gary Rodgers -
Great stuff, hope this helps out anyone else with the same problem. My first suggestion would be Firebug though wink