wiki attachments loading but not visible

wiki attachments loading but not visible

by kalli benetos -
Number of replies: 3
Students and administrators alike can upload files via 'attachments' in the wiki module.

After uploading the image the message "Your file was uploaded correctly." appears but under the list of Attachments of wiki "No files uploaded yet." and no list of the file uploaded.

The files uploaded are however visible in the moddata/wiki files.

They do not appear in the list of attachments belonging to the wiki page.

The uploading of binary files is allowed.

Why are the files listed in the wiki attachment page ? How can I get the files that students uploaded as attachments to show up?

many thanks in advance
smile kalli
Average of ratings: -
In reply to kalli benetos

Re: wiki attachments loading but not visible

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Kalli,

I've tested here both uploading attachments (separate tab) and uploading images (from edit tab) and both seem to be working here, so I get the attachments listed properly and the images available to be included via "internal" wiki tag.

Is there any special in the file you're trying to upload or in the wiki and/or page name?

Ideally... could you please report it in the Moodle Tracker with all the needed steps to reproduce the problem ? (something like):

1) Create new course
2) Create new wiki with settings.....
3) Create one page with name ....
4) Go to the attachments tab and upload one file with name ....
5) ....

That would be perfect! TIA and ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by kalli benetos -
No special file, just a pdf. Uploading and linking to the files through the edit tab works fine (and I can even find the files I uploaded through the attachments tab that aren't showing up).

1) Create new course
2) Create new wiki "Mywiki" with settings "allow binary files" and "HTML only"
3) Create one page with name "Mypage"
4) Go to the attachments tab and upload one file with name "myfile.pdf"
5) Result :

Wiki Mywiki
Your file was uploaded correctly.

Attachments of Wiki Mywiki
No files uploaded yet.

The files are uploading (can be found in moddata)
They're just not showing up in the list of uploaded files in the attachments section or on the associated wiki page.

I'll post on Moodle Tracker as well. Thanks
Kalli
In reply to kalli benetos

by Monica Franz -

Hi,

it's been a long time, since you posted this thread. We had the same problem and after days figuring out what's going wrong, we found it out:

The filenames where reserved names, e.g. activities.png or viewgroup.png. Both files where 100KB each and one could see them in moddata of the course and in moodledata.

Finally we suggested to change the names, e.g. to activities-2.png and viewgroup-2.png, and upload the newly named file. Suprisingly the files showed up!

Now our problems is, deleting the old files. We deleted them in moddata but the links still show up in the attachment-page even though the files aren't in the Moodle-system anymore.

I have two questions:

1. Where do I get a list of reserved names/words in Moodle?

2. How do I get rid of the filenames in the attachment-page? I quess these links are somewahre in the database.

We're using Moodle Version 1.9.8.

Cheers,

Monica