cron set up correctly?

cron set up correctly?

by Angela Crouch -
Number of replies: 7
I just set up the cron and it displayed that it was setup correctly.  Is there a way to verify that it was indeed setup correctly and that everything will be working right?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Angela Crouch

Re: cron set up correctly?

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Do a forumpost on a forum you're subscribed on: you'll have to receive an emailcopy in 30 minutes if cron is setup correctly
In reply to koen roggemans

by Angela Crouch -

Then mine can't be set up correctly.  I posted to the forum and didn't recieve a response as well as registering as a new user (new user name as well) and didn't recieve the email response. Can anyone help me with this?  I am having the hardest time.  My web hosting service doesn't offer this and I tried using the little package moodle-cron-for-windows.zip but I must have done something wrong, because it's not working!

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
It's very difficult to install it badly. The only parameter you can mess up is the path to your cron file.
Try to trigger cron manualy. Put in the adress bar of your browser the appropriate path. Must be something like http://yoursite.com/moodle/admin/cron.php
If you've got that working, uninstrall windows cron and reinstall it, copy/paste the approprate path during the installation

by Angela Crouch -
I think that has to be my problem, the path.  I called the cron up manually and it seems to be working fine.  So I would use that same path for the setup?  Whenever I did use the windows "helper" I chose the path that was automatically entered, something like c:\programs\cron because the directions specified not to use a web accessible file.  It also asked if I wanted to create another path and I said yes, then it linked right to my cron folder that is in my moodle so I thought that would work.  I'm going to try it again. 

by koen roggemans -
You are running both windows cron and moodle on the same windowsmachine?
I think it's necessary to use the URL, rather then a path with driveletter, because the webserver has to execute the cron script.

by Angela Crouch -
I think I got it.  I linked it directly to the file that was within my moodle folder.  It seems to be working so far.  I registered a new user and got an email for it.  Am I supposed to recieve an email after completing a test?  Thanks so much for your help!

by koen roggemans -
There's no clear documentation on what's emailed and what not. As far as I know, the quiz-module doesn't send any mail, but the forums, excercise, workshop and dialogue modules do. May be someone can complete/correct the list?