Can anyone help me in learning Moodle Administration?

Can anyone help me in learning Moodle Administration?

by mahabub basha -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Folks,

I am residing in Chennai-India. I am new to Moodle and I would like to learn about Moodle Administration. I don't know where to start. Is there any authorised training centres for Moodle Administration training in India/Chennai or anywhere in India? Can anyone help me in this regard?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mahabub basha

Re: Can anyone help me in learning Moodle Administration?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'd recommend a project-based approach.

You should also set up a Moodle site (using the docs if necessary), think of a real application for Moodle (eg a University or a school) and then try to set up Moodle for that situation). It doesn't have to be a real school, but obviously if it is then you have more motivation smile

This process will generate questions whenever you get stuck. You can then search for the answers to these questions using the resources here: http://moodle.org/support/
In reply to mahabub basha

Re: Can anyone help me in learning Moodle Administration?

by ben reynolds -
  1. There's also the "Moodle Administration" chapter in Using Moodle, which will explain the uses of the Administration block.
  2. We used Martin's idea of project based learning. For example, I had someone else designing quiz questions for a grammar course. Our purpose was to reduce the amount of bookkeeping that instructors had been doing.
    She would send me the questions, and I would investigate how to make them work in Quiz. I would have her look at how I'd implemented the questions, and she would comment back on whether the implementation made sense in the context of the curriculum. I would try a different approach, she would comment, etc. In this way, we learned Quiz.
    In a similar way, we learned Lesson and which kind of Assignment to use (we're firmly in favor of Advanced Uploading of Assignments).
  3. If you have worked with another cms/lms/vle, Moodle's standard parts will be familiar to you, but the hardest part of changing cmses is to quit thinking in terms of the old cms and let Moodle tell/show you what you can do better.