Restore defaults to today's day!

Restore defaults to today's day!

by Raul Rodriguez -
Number of replies: 4
Hello guys, Iam having a problem when restoring some backups. When I set the START DATE on the restore process, it does not apply it once the backup is done. The course defaults automatically the start date to the current date (today). This causes the due dates etc to be incorrect on the course. Any idea of what might be happening? Thank you!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raul Rodriguez

Re: Restore defaults to today's day!

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Raul,

recently (some hours ago) we have performed some changes to the start date thing (rolling dates) in Moodle 1.9.x It will be available in next weekly build.

In any case, if you continue having problems, please, go to the Tracker and create one detailed issue with all the steps needed to reproduce the problem (PHP/Moodle versions, original start dates of backup file, destination course...). That way it will be easier for developers to check (and fix) the problem.

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Raul Rodriguez -
Thanks Eloy!! So it should be fix on the next build of the upcoming week? smile

by Raul Rodriguez -
I ran the patch located here and now it works correctly!!!

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-19859

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Raul,

note that, in MDL-17469 I reverted and highly similar patch that was causing real problems with dates being rolled incorrectly.

More yet, since yesterday's (20091006) weekly build, we have introduced one checksum method to avoid restore execution if we detect that something is missing in the required restore objects (bug MDL-18469).

And any patch like the commented in MDL-19859 can easily break those checksums. So I wouldn't recommend to apply it at all.

So I just would try with yesterday's weekly to see if the problem is fixed. If problems continue in your side, then we'll need to find the cause and fix it. But definitively, introducing modifications in the restore.php script isn't the correct way (knowing how restore internals use to work).

Ciao smile