Copy a questionnaire between courses?

Copy a questionnaire between courses?

by Alasdair McAndrew -
Number of replies: 6
I have set up a questionnaire in a course I'm running, and now I'd like to copy that questionnaire across to other courses - to be slightly modified in each course.

What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks,
Alasdair
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alasdair McAndrew

Re: Copy a questionnaire between courses?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. When you save it, save it as a template, and then it will be available in the other courses and you can slightly modify it.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sally Clough -

Hi there.  I know this is an old thread but hope you can help.  I have two moodle sites and I want to use a questionnaire (course assessment form) on both sites.  You suggest saving as a template.  I'm sorry but I cannot see where to do this with a Questionnaire. Nor can I find an export or import tab.  I am grateful for any assistance.

In reply to Sally Clough

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sally. Yes I am still heresmile The instructions referring to templates and import were for if you use items within the same Moodle. To do what you want you will have to (first ensure the second Moodle has the questionnaire module - it is not standard) and then in your course admin settings click "backup" Only tick the questionnaire to back up and then click next to create a zipped copy of this course (which will just have the questionnaire in it) Then you download it to your computer. Go to the Moodle where you want it and to the course where you want it and click "restore" You will be prompted to upload the zipped folder you downloaded from the other site - follow the instructions to upload and unzip/restore into your second Moodle.

As for the "template" option, that is in the "advanced settings" option once you save and display the questionnaire.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Alasdair McAndrew -
Thanks very much - I also discovered I could simply import the questionnaire into another course.

cheers,
Alasdair

by Dan Jeffries -
You can also use the great Sharing Cart block to quickly copy to a new course.
In reply to Dan Jeffries

Sharing block? What's that?

by don sorsa -
I don't think I have Sharing Block installed on my Moodle. And advice?