moving resources and files

moving resources and files

by mandy honeyman -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,
I thought I'd try to be clever and use backup to move some resources and files out of one course into another.

At first it looked like it was going to work but then I got this error:

Warning: Rename failed (No such file or directory) in /www/hosts/lvc.org/www/courses/files/index.php on line 220

Error: backup-sct_11-20041002-0935.zip not moved

Is there a hacky way to do this, or am I just going to have to down and upload all the resources and files in order to move them.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
cheers
Mandy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mandy honeyman

Re: moving resources and files

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Mandy,

sorry but, what were you trying to move? Perhaps you have to download your .zip file and then upload it to its new location (course). Or move it from the OS.

Ciao smile

PS: I assume that your backup has ended OK and that you have problems moving it from one course to another...
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by mandy honeyman -
Hi,
I was/am trying to move a backup zip file from one course backupdata folder into another course's files folder (the one that has the "move files here" option) that's when I get the error.

I realise that I can download and upload again I was just trying to avoid it smile
cheers
Mandy

PS I also realise I can just find the file and move it manually, but I was trying to use moodle functionality ;)

by Clive Gould -

If you're using Linux as an OS and can log in as root then it's quite possible to move material from one course directory to another. Moodle stores each course in a separately numbered directory and it's just a question of finding the right source and destination data directories. On our system they're under /home/moodle/???

Hope this helps...

by Mark Stevens -

Hi,

I'm getting the same thing, and I reported it as a bug in the code.  (I think I over-reacted by calling it a high priority since there are at least 2 workarounds smile

Mine is putting an extra / in the destination file path as in:

Warning: rename(/home/mysite/moodledata/1/backupdata/backup-sa-c-mstevens-20041005-2027.zip,/home/mysite/moodledata/1//backup-sa-c-mstevens-20041005-2027.zip): No such file or directory in /home/mysite/www/moodle/files/index.php on line 220

Error: backup-sa-c-mstevens-20041005-2027.zip not moved