Moodle for tutorial courses

Moodle for tutorial courses

by Liber Fernández -
Number of replies: 6
Hi!

Thank you very much for your help.

I have the following problem, I use moodle for a course offered individually. That is, each student makes the course initiated at different dates and time, and control of the course should be conducted on each student.

There is a course format appropriate for this problem? Otherwise, is avaible some work-around?

Thanks again for your help.

Greetings.

Liber

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Liber Fernández

Re: Moodle for tutorial courses

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Liber,

I think I remember a work-around from one of my Moodle books. The trick is to use the "Group format" and create groups of only one student. I think there's also a simple way to achieve this, but I don't remember exactly. I will see whether I find that information again.

hth
Frank
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Liber Fernández -
Thanks Frank!

The problem with that option is tha

The problem with this option is that there is no way that after a student is enrolled i can't automatically create his group :S

There is a way to achieve that?

Thanks!
Liber

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Liber,

I managed to auto-create Single-member-groups from all the participants of a given course (see screenshot). How did you try it?

Cheers,
Frank

PS
I learned this cool trick from http://www.packtpub.com/Moodle-Teaching-Techniques-Open-Source/book
Attachment Auto-create_Single_user_groups.png
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Liber Fernández -
Hi Frank!

Again, thanks for your help.

I did the same to you, but the problem is that I can not do that in an automatic way.

I need students to register and automatically create the group to which they are scored (with the student as the only participant). It could not be a "manual" proccess....

I hope I could explain it. Thanks a lot!!!!

Liber

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Liber,

I understand that you want the students assigned to a certain group upon enrollment without any further action from you, is that correct?

There might be a plug-in for that purpose. Please have a look at http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&mode=list&f_44=group

hth
Frank