ADOBE PRESENTER and SCORM in general with QZPT

ADOBE PRESENTER and SCORM in general with QZPT

by Philippe Decloitre -
Number of replies: 5

Hello Gordon, _and everyone_ this a general question so I figured it would be best posted publicly:

I am trying to use QZPT with ADOBE PRESENTER. This editor creates a whole bunch of files in order for the quiz to work. For each quiz created there is an INDEX.HTM file and an IMSMANIFEST.XML file. The INDEX.htm is needed to start the quiz. The IMSMANIFEST.XML is needed to get the results.

But all these XML and HTM files need to be each in a different folder otherwise you have several files that have the same name.  And it is not just these two, but a whole set, so renaming them is not an option.

If I upload the files in separate sub-folders and tell QZPT to go get the files by just giving the main folder they are in, I obtain:  the "no quiz" flag.

What can I do?

Thanks for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Philippe Decloitre

Re: ADOBE PRESENTER and SCORM in general with QZPT

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Phillipe,
QuizPort is not set up to recognize Adobe Presenter files, so I don't think you can do what you are trying to do.

If Adobe presenter files are SCORM compatible, you may be able to use them with Moodle's SCORM module.

If not, then we can certainly think about making QuizPort aware of Adobe Presenter files, but don't hold your breath because I don't think it will be for a while yet wink

Please could you put the Adobe files up on your website so I can have a look.

thanks
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello again Phillipe,

I think I found the files you put on your server: SCORMQZPT/index.htm

It looks like these are SCORM compatible so I suggest the fastest route to including them in Moodle is to use the SCORM module.

all the best ... et bon chance!
Gordon

by Philippe Decloitre -

Alas!

They are working with the SCORM module but as you are well aware Gordon, that module ain't as fancy as yours regarding branching. In fact it's just a START button!

Talking about that, I tried to upload the test somewhere else just to save space on the QZPT server. But the link will not fire anything (the windows remains blank), however the file's link is accepted when creating the module_ meaning the manifest file is recognized...

Any thread on that?

by Philippe Decloitre -

Thanks Gordon

Alas!

They are working with the SCORM module but as you are well aware Gordon, that module ain't as fancy as yours regarding branching. In fact it's just a START button!

Talking about that, I tried to upload the test somewhere else just to save space on the QZPT server. But the link will not fire anything (the windows remains blank), however the file's link is accepted when creating the module_ meaning the manifest file is recognized...

Any thread on that?

Cheers

In reply to Philippe Decloitre

by Gordon Bateson -
Hi Phillipe

> as you are well aware Gordon, that module
> ain't as fancy as yours regarding branching.
> In fact it's just a START button!

Ah, you underestimate my ignorance wink I only use the SCORM module now and then, and I certainly don't know the full range of what it can and can't do. Thanks for letting me know about the branching though smile

> Talking about that ...

Sorry, you lost me. Are we still talking about SCORM? If so, you may lucky enough that we have some SCORM professionals on this forum, but I think you would do better to ask your question over on the SCORM module forum

best regards
Gordon