How to get an electronic signature

How to get an electronic signature

by ben lintschinger -
Number of replies: 7

Hello fellow moodlers,

This could probably be accomplished by a variety of techniques - wasn't sure where to post it - but here is my quandry:

I am designing a Sexual Harassment Prevention Training for my non-profit.

It requires that trainees sign and date a copy of our sexual harassment prevention policy (electronic signature is okay).

I am trying to set up a function that will both easily get the signatures and then send signed signature sheets (including the full policy text) to our HR departement (preferably by e-mail) so that they can print and file a hard copy.

The ultimate goal:

I would like there to be an easy "fill in the blank" form where people could simply type in their name and the date and press "enter" to automatically send the form to HR.

If you have any wisdom, I would greatly appreciate it.  It seems that everything I've tried either requires HR to monitor the situation or access the moodle site in some form or another, when I would rather have it be automated so that it went smoothly and required no supervision in the event of employees not filling the form out correctly.  This is why we aren't simply asking people to send e-mails themselves, because it would require this sort of monitoring and there's too many employees for that to be easy.

Thanks a million for your help!

Ben

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ben lintschinger

Re: How to get an electronic signature

by Jim Henion -

Ben - has anyone responded to this question?  I have the same issue...

JIm

by Anthony Scolaro -

I know this is an old pst but I need a solution for this as well.  Has anyone found one?

In reply to Anthony Scolaro

by John Woods -

I am also in need of this functionality.

by Michael Haskell -

I was recently looking into using a questionnaire template for a liability waiver, but I haven't come up with a production ready method yet.  Requirements would be:

• Log signatures with username, email, ip address, link to document signed in it's entirety, and a timestamp.
  • Save record of signature to a dedicated mdl table as well as mdl logs in order to have independent retention period for waivers vs. mdl_log.
  • Ability for instructors to fill out form elements to be added to the document.  (in essence a basic template system).  This is to fit the case where "activity" or an "event date" need to be entered on the form.
  • Ability for admins to create site-wide form templates.
  • Ability for instructors to view submissions.
  • Ability to restrict editing of any legalese by instructors.
  • Ability to email records.
In reply to Michael Haskell

by Stephanie Powell -

I am also looking for a response to this question.  Any takers?

In reply to Michael Haskell

by Elizabeth Li -

I as well need a solution to this - any updates are appreciated smile

***edit***

I've found a temporary solution. Create a form in Google Drive and embed it as HTML. See this video tutorial for more detail:

What I needed was a way to get an electronic signature with a time stamp. The results of the Google Drive form provide a time-stamp along with the responses in a spreadsheet. I would certainly prefer a plug-in that can create these forms inherently in Moodle but I cannot find one...