Moodle Access Wanted for Independent Instructor

Re: Moodle Access Wanted for Independent Instructor

by James Rhodes -
Number of replies: 0
Harry,

Thanks for the useful information and for taking the trouble to respond! Here are some answers to your questions:

1. I will be the only instructor teaching the course (if that is what you mean by user). I wouldn't mind sharing a sight with other instructors if my class files can be kept separate and password protected.
2. My current files for the class take up 50.6 MB. This number increases each year by about 10 percent.
3. The number of students is usually less than 25, but it might go as high as 70 if I decide to use the service for a similar course I teach at my home university. The students will be downloading information at home and it is unlikely that more than a handful will be on line at the same time.
4. I'm teaching an economics class. I have a lot of power point slides as well as graphs, statistics, PDF and Word files, and excel spreadsheets.
5. I don't anticipate needing support using Moodle since I use it regularly at my home university. I'm hoping the service provider will take care of installing and maintaining the Moodle application. Am I missing something?

Any further suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Jim Rhodes