Weird? Calendar sticky block

Weird? Calendar sticky block

by Dan Jeffries -
Number of replies: 5
Hello!

I've added a Calendar as a sticky block for all courses, however when I click to add a New Entry it only gives me the option of Site or User.

This happens when Admin but also tried this as a Teacher.

Any ideas?

I've noticed Sticky Blocks behaving strangely on occasion.

Hope you can help!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Jeffries

Re: Weird? Calendar sticky block

by Dan Jeffries -
Forgot to add:

The same goes for Upcoming Events and Recent News - it only shows the information as seen on the front page.
In reply to Dan Jeffries

by Chad Outten -
perhaps tell us what version of moodle you're using. screenshots?
In reply to Dan Jeffries

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Dan
Can you confirm you added the block to the Courses page and where you are trying to add the event. I have added the calendar as a Sticky block to both the 'My Moodle' page and all 'Course' pages in my dev site (1.9.5+).

When I create a new event from the My Moodle page it provide the Site or User options, when I create a new event from one of the course pages it provides all options as expected.

Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Teresa Gibbison

by Dan Jeffries -
Hi Teresa - thanks for getting back to me smile

I've added the Calendar block in Sticky Blocks (Courses). I'm wondering if that's the problem - is it using the main front page calendar?

I have logged in as a Tutor on a course and when I click on Add Event I only get what seems to be a User event - no options to choose Course or User.

As Admin I only get the option of Site and User.

Also, I've added Upcoming Events as one of the Sticky Blocks (and latest news) and these only show upcoming events and latest news from the front page - not from the course.

Weird.
In reply to Dan Jeffries

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Dan

OK - when I try to add an event from the calendar (via the Front Page) I have a dropdown to select the course, which sends me to that course's calendar to add the event. If I leave the dropdown with the default "All courses" I only have user or site - I'm an admin.

Remember the tutors are probably only Authenticated Users on the front page not tutors - that permission happens when they enter their own course(s) - so when they select to create an event from the front page they are only allowed to create user events.

Also the number of days the Upcoming Events block will display is configured via Administration ► Appearance ► Calendar.

I'm also thinking also that the front page isn't affected by sticky blocks - only the My Moodle and Courses pages can be configured with these... the Calendar and Upcoming Events that are added to the front page should display events in any courses the current logged in user is associated with so test the view of these with the tutor account who is associated to a course with a few events.

I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa