School Wide Daily Attendance Report

School Wide Daily Attendance Report

by Kevin Broderick -
Number of replies: 6

Is there a way we can print a daily attendance report for our entire school? We use the module for our K thru 8 school and are looking for a way to print a daily attendance report for the entire school. Any help would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Broderick

Re: School Wide Daily Attendance Report

by Barry Oosthuizen -
Hi Kevin,

I built a report where you can choose one or all courses, a date range, etc.

It also comes with a whole bunch of other stuff (which you may not want/need).

You can check it out at CONTRIB-1400. If you're interested maybe you would like to help with testing/feedback?

(It's still in development and hasn't been tested properly)

Cheers,

Barry
In reply to Barry Oosthuizen

by Kent Calero -

Barry, I'll help with testing/feedback as it is something we can use.

Edit: I've installed the module but can only access the reports through the individual course. Once there, the advance report only works for students in that course. Am I supposed to be viewing this elsewhere? Please advise

In reply to Kent Calero

by Barry Oosthuizen -
Hi Kent,

Thanks for offering to test my modifications.

Where would you expect to access the report from? Maybe in the admin > reports area? I think it's ok within the mod cause then you don't have to flick to and fro between pages to get to the reports.

I've only used this as a site administrator. Which role are you logged in as?

Maybe the fix I posted in this post will clear the issue for you - I don't think the code in the tracker has been updated with that fix yet (and the fix hasn't been tested properly either).

I'm also working on adding a barcode scanning system & an ajax calendar for dragging and dropping sessions in daily, weekly and monthly views - so far on a course by course basis. If you're interested in testing that I can send you a link with a development snapshot. The basic functionality is working ok so far.

Cheers,

Barry
In reply to Kevin Broderick

by Chad Bergeron -

Has anyone set up something similar to this for Moodle 2.x?

In reply to Chad Bergeron

by Aaron NA -

I just access the MySQL server from a remote client and pull the attendance data into an external database for live attendance information.