1.4.2 heads-up

1.4.2 heads-up

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm hoping to put out Moodle 1.4.2 tomorrow, with a significant number of bug fixes in it from the last few weeks. Thanks to Petr Skoda in particular for the excellent auditing work he has been doing. Anyhow, please test the current CVS thoroughly and report any bugs, as usual.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: 1.4.2 heads-up

by Ger Tielemans -
How much different will 1.5 be? Worth to wait? Xmas?
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The 1.4.x branch is 1.4 with bug fixes.

The 1.5 release will be XHTML compliant plus lots of other features. December is what I'm thinking, yes.

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
A little off topic:

Please inform translators in time for the review to XHTML of the language files.
My personal list (and please correct me if I'm wrong)

All tags should be closed: <p> lalala </p>
All elements should be nested: <p> lalala <em>blabla</em> </p>
All elements and attributes must be lower case
All atributes should be written in full and with quotes : <font size="3"> lalala </font>
Empty elements must end with />: <br/> <hr/>
<b> lalala</b> should be <strong>lalala</strong>
<?= and <? should be <?php

by Martin Dougiamas -
Delayed again, it won't be tonight ... too many important bugs still being found!

by Martin Dougiamas -
The 1.4.2 release is delayed again sad ... there have been too many little loose ends for us to finish it all this week.

I'm flying to New Zealand tomorrow for a few days, speaking at e-fest 2004, so I don't know how much I'll be able to work on it myself during this time. Eloy and Petr are still doing some work on it, and I'll rejoin with conviction later in the week.  I'm hoping for a release by next Saturday.