Web resource attributes

Web resource attributes

by John Hobson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

Please forgive newbie question mode wink

I am tring to change the background colour of a web page resource on a one off basis. However, whenever I go into the html editor view and paste in say

<BODY
  BGCOLOR="#FFFFCC"
  TEXT="#006666">

when I return to the wysiwig view nothing happens, and when I go back to html editor view the code has been stripped out again.

Is this because this would conflict with pre-defined parameters in the config file, (and if so can aanyone tell me which parameter it is , please?) or am I missing something very obvious here? thoughtful

And is there any documentation that explains all this - I have hunted through FAQs and available doc that I can find without avail. Any pointers very gratefully received.

Regards

John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Hobson

Re: Web resource attributes

by Simon James -

Hi John,

To change the body colours you can do 1 of two things.

1. Change the generic color of the BODY tags in the /theme/yourtheme/config.php :

$THEME->body         = "#99cc66";  // Main page color

This will chane the BODY colour of your entire site.

Or

2. Go to the HTML of the page you want to change and hardcode the variable into there.

BTW You cannot edit the body tag in the HTML editor. The code you put in the HTML editor is placed between the BODY tags of the page in question.

Simon

In reply to Simon James

Re: Web resource attributes

by John Hobson -

Thanks Simon

Sorry to appear dense but where do I find the BODY tags of the page (or rather where do I find the individual page itself?)

Regards

John