Increasing max file size for glossary attachments

Increasing max file size for glossary attachments

by Kathy Macfarlane -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I am trying to make a list of useful phrases for my French class; we use a gesture method, so the students have made short video clips of themselves gesturing and saying each phrase. The glossary seems the best way to make these available, by typing the phrase into the concept area, the translation into the meaning area, and attaching the video file, except that the max file size for attachments is 2MB, and some of the video clips are up to 8MB (mostly around 4MB). I can't find where to increase the max attachment file size; can anyone help? We have set the default size for files uploaded to 20MB, but that hasn't changed the glossary attachment file size.

Thanks

Kathy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kathy Macfarlane

Re: Increasing max file size for glossary attachments

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Kathy,

The question of the max file size for attachments is not directly linked to the Glossary module, but to your whole Moodle site. Please search these forums for "max file size", and you will find tons of discussions, mostly in the General problems forum. For instance that discussion.

You might consider re-posting your question to the General problems forum for help. Be aware that some providers limit that upload max size to e.g. 8 MB, especially if you are on a free or cheap provider.

ATB

Joseph