One Database and More Moodle Website

One Database and More Moodle Website

by Jet Batung Bakal -
Number of replies: 4
Hi fellows,

Can anyone give an Idea if a single database(MYSQL GUI 5.0) can run not just one website? Is it possible? And How Can I make it?
I'm Planning to build up 3 website in moodle those are categorize based on there status. Hope AnyOne Can Help Especially Those Clever, Geniuses Moodle'rs out there. By the way I'm Using Moodle 1.9.5+ of Martin Dougiamas and other contributors.
And Other Thing, If it is possible is there a need to adjust with the performance because it can might be effect with it?

Thanks a lot.

Julius Barrameda a.k.a Dwayne Wade
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jet Batung Bakal

Re: One Database and More Moodle Website

by Eric Hagley -
I'm puzzled as to why you would want to? Do you need separate web sites? Why not have all the courses on the one site but on the front page show 3 separate categories? Name the categories differently and students can then enter whichever category they require. Within the category they will see their courses. This would be much easier to handle... I doubt highly that you could have one database for 3 different sites. If you require 3 different web addresses what would be the benefit of having one database?
In reply to Eric Hagley

by Jet Batung Bakal -
We need to be more specific and also we can organized it properly. We need to build up Moodle website for those already who wants to be masters on there different field, those who already should I say professionals around Philippines. Second, also those student now in the institution were I work. Thirdly is for the training site. Is it possible for me to make it for a single web server(localhost)(optional), a single database(MYSQL GUI5.0), and a multiple website? If it is possible to happen where should I find the connection on it? Where should I do the plugging for the system to run? Any thoughts?
Developers Please give a shot!

Thank You in Advance,

JB aka. Dwayne Wade

In reply to Jet Batung Bakal

by Eric Hagley -
That sounds like you only need one site, one instance of Moodle but the front page showing 3 different categories: Professional Development, Students, Training. Sorry, I can't help with anything other than that advice.