Videos about forums and education

Videos about forums and education

by Eileen O'Duffy -
Number of replies: 3
I’m currently working on an ICT and education project and need to find short video case studies on using forums in education / classroom. Ideally these would include teacher / school case studies. I’ve trawled through youtube and teacherstube. Any suggestions welcome.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eileen O'Duffy

Re: Videos about forums and education

by Donal O' Mahony -
Hi Eileen

I guess ethical / childcare / acceptable usage policy issues may be the reason many teachers don't post teacher/pupil case-studies to YouTube etc.

My Masters is in the area of using online forums (on Moodle naturally smile ) with secondary school students in order to develop critical thinking in a senior-cycle history class. You can access my research here - chapter four will be of most interest to you.

There is a lot published on using online forums in education, but much is at college level - If you have access to library databases, the British Journal of Educational Technology is worth a search.

In reply to Donal O' Mahony

by Eileen O'Duffy -

Donal, Thanks for the help here. I am certainly interested in this research and am familiar with the excellent work out there in DCU. I am also working on a separate Moodle project for second level students in Ireland so might get in touch with you again on this.

Unfortunately the Spanish educational company I am working with at the moment are looking for video case studies only and I am finding it next to impossible to find quality video material. I have come across excellent forums about forums in education but next to nothing in video format.

In reply to Eileen O'Duffy

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I'm not sure how long or "dedicated" you want the videos to be but some of the videos on my youtube channel here show pupils (11-16) using forums in Moodle - but as screencasts - and not for very long - check out the "what can Moodle do for you? " and also the subject-specific videos.