turn editing

turn editing

by ivan breziansky -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,

1. how or where can i set, that when the user logs in , the button :turn editing on" will not show, so the user can change the site appereance- ad or remove blocks..?
So the option for editing is only available for admin login.

2. how or where can i remove the language field from header.? so the language can be set only by admin..?

Thank you
Average of ratings: -
In reply to ivan breziansky

Re: turn editing

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi Ivan
The 'Turn Editing On' button on the main site page is a permission thing. Those with editing access to alter the front page 'course' should have this.

If all users see this you should check several areas:
System Roles to make sure people aren't assigned as Site Wide teachers - via Administration ► Users ► Permissions ► Assign system roles

Check if anyone is assigned to an editing role (eg Teacher) to the Front page - via Administration ► Front Page ► Front Page roles.

Check the Front Page Default role - via Administration ► Front Page► Front Page settings - make this is not an editing role (eg Teacher).

The Language dropdown is a user-preference that displays languages the Admin has installed. It only changes the interface for that particular user it does not change the entire site's language which is configured via Administration ► Language ► Language settings.

I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa
Average of ratings: Useful (1)