"email teachers" sending to ALL teachers?

"email teachers" sending to ALL teachers?

by michelle drumm -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all -

I've got a certificate in a class, and in that class have set the certificate to email teachers when a certificate is issued - but somehow, that email is going to _all teachers_ across our moodle implementation - not just the teacher for the class in which the certificate is issued. happily, that's only about 5 of us, but... that can't be right, can it?

I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I've double checked the assigned roles for the course, and there's only one person assigned as a teacher for this class (me) - but all of my coworkers are getting these certificate emails. ??

Specs: all my coworkers are set as course creators at the system level, and are not at all involved in the course in question.

Using Moodle 1.9.5 (20090708) and certificate module version 2008080904.

Any ideas what's up?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to michelle drumm

Re: "email teachers" sending to ALL teachers?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
It's possibly because they have a site wide role that they are being sent the emails?
In reply to michelle drumm

by Alan Ball -
do you have people designated as teachers in the system roles? (Site Administration> Users> Permissions>Assign system roles) I had that issue for one of my co-workers and she was getting hundreds of emails and it was due to the fact she was a system wide teacher.
In reply to Alan Ball

by michelle drumm -
Hi Alan - Sadly, no. And Mary, I don't think so.

At the system level they're all Course Creators, and I'm one of two administrators. At the course level, I'm the teacher.

All course creators are getting the emails, as am I.

The other admin is not getting them - so i'm guessing that I'm getting the email because I am, indeed, the course teacher.

But I can't figure out why the course creators are getting them. Anyone?