idea about moodle course format, *coughs* ecommerce

idea about moodle course format, *coughs* ecommerce

by ryan sanders -
Number of replies: 0
been running through a variety of shopping carts seeing what i want to do. and i have playing around with offering discounts through various meta courses directly within moodle. it occured to me, that someone might be able to create a new course format, that displayed products much like a shopping cart would display items to be sold.

there would need to be a few things needed
  1. course formats.
    1. one to display a listing of products
    2. one to display the actual product beside itself
    3. other formats that folks will come up with, to display both product listings and product beside itself
  2. activity modules
    1. when viewing single item in "actual product course format" this would allow you to buy the so called product course *coughs* i mean product.
    2. different activity modules for different products examples
      1. current regular teaching course as a product.
      2. downloadable file product
      3. item that requires to be shipped to the person.
      4. item that requires to be shipped to the person some other style someone will come up with.
      5. subscription based items
  3. resources
    1. the module that would display products within the "producting listing course format".
    2. cross selling products.
    3. different layout styles that may come up with coupons and discounts and pricing schemes someone is bound to want to have. and showing it slightly differently in the "producting listing course format"
  4. boxes
    1. box to that showed current wanted items to by IE shoping cart box
    2. other ways someone will come up with to show there own cart style.
  5. cart (new folder)
    1. proccessing the cart and order proccess.
    2. also proccess any coupons / and like.
      1. by unique registration code
      2. by non unquie registration code
      3. by quantity amount get discount
      4. by being in a certain group or course.
      5. etc...
  6. shipping (new folder)
    1. handles different types of shipping methods.
  7. payment gateways (new folder)
    1. handles the different payment gateways from different places.
nearly everything from any standard shopping cart software out there is already in place, it is just a few things lacking it would seem? current boxes, meta courses, options for current course settings, payment gateways, etc.. are there. including administration back end, to limit various things from showing in different places.

Average of ratings: -