Wrong Date in Forum

Wrong Date in Forum

by Clint McDuffie -
Number of replies: 9
Does anyone know why the wrong date appears in a forum? We have set up a Q and A forum and the dates for the forum's posts are a week and a half ahead in the future, does anyone know why that might be? Thanks for any response ahead of time.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Clint McDuffie

Re: Wrong Date in Forum

by Teresa Gibbison -
Hi there Clint
Have you noticed if the dates are incorrect elsewhere and for all users or just one or a few? It might pay to check other forums and the logs.

The date/time is configured for the site via Administration ► Location ► Location settings. If set to 'Server's Local Time' check the time on your server.

Users can also specify their own timezone via the profile settings.

I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa
In reply to Clint McDuffie

by Melinda Kraft -
I've just experienced the same thing. I restored a course with user data. The posts from the original course are now dated 2 months into the future.

We were moving a course to a new server, so I backed it up and then restore it on the new machine.

I think this happened at course restore because the course start date defaulted to the current date instead of the backed-up course's original start date and somehow Moodle extrapolated new dates for the forum posts (which I don't think should be proper behavior - forum dates should be the date the posts were created regardless of course start date).

The question now is how/where do I fix this in the database? I still have access to the old site, so I know the "real" dates. I can't just try to restore again because others have posted to the new site since this happened.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Melinda Kraft

by Ian Wilson -
Hi Melinda,

Did you ever figure out how to fix this? Exactly the same thing happened to me too.
In reply to Ian Wilson

by Kristy Rhea -

Exact same thing here....Not only do the forum posts have the wrong date, but when I go to view one I get "Discussion ID was incorrect or no longer exists"  As though it did not get backup, although I back up the entire course????

In reply to Kristy Rhea

by Glenys Hanson -
Hi there,

I've had this problem several times over the last year. As no one seems to be offering a solution here I've put it in the tracker: MDL-20756

Cheers,

Glenys
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Glenys Hanson

by Susan Hussein -
Hi Glenys,

Thanks for filing this in the tracker. I note you put 1.9.4 on the ticket. FYI we're on 1.9.7, and it is appearing on courses created as duplicates of courses from previous semesters.

Susan Hussein
Montclair State University
In reply to Susan Hussein

by M B -
The same problem is noticed when you import the whole database to a new server..

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=145531

is there a temp. fix for it? like changing GMT and date in the DB?

In reply to M B

by Debbie Kay -

Thanks to Melinda for the tip smile

If you set the start date of the new course you want to copy to (or restore) to the same start date as the one you want to copy from (or backup) the forum post dates are correct once restored to the new course area.

Sorry it doesn't help if you've already had posts on the new forum, but is a 'fix' if you discover it before smile