Feedback on assignment module

Feedback on assignment module

by Eric Francoeur -
Number of replies: 0
Hi,

I've just used the assignment moduel for a short assignment in two classes of 45 students (each), using the "upload" feature. It went really well, and I really enjoyed the ease with which I could provide each student with comments online.

I know that people have provided "wishlists" for the assignment module (and I have gone through some of them) and that the module is currrently under revision, so I thought I'd put my two cents in (in case it might help):

• With classes of 40+, the submitted assignment list (name, file, grade, comment box) is a bit unyieldy. A split window or "collapsible" interface might make navigation the list easier.
  • The capacity to resubmit is in my mind essential. Unfortunately, the current system makes it difficult to identify who has resubmitted (well, it is manageable....). It'd be great to have either a marker that indicates a new upload since the last grade/comment was saved; or as somebody suggested, make it so that old submissions are preserved when assignments are resubmitted (and make it easy to see who has one, two, or three submissions..).
Well, I could go on, but others have said it better than me before. Tahks again for a wonderful tool! Eric
Average of ratings: -