Question

Question

by Kelly McGinnis -
Number of replies: 3
Hello,

Please forgive me if this is obvious, but I'm still learning how to use Moodle (which I love).

I am setting up Moodle for an adult eduation Algebra I class that I teach. It only meets one night a week, so Moodle will be very handy in allowing students to help each other and more effectively seek out help and information from me.

My question on assignments is this: Every week the students have a homework assignment (offline). I want to add the assignments to Moodle so they know what the assignment is and so they have a record of grades. Right now, I have been going into each week and adding the assignment manually. Is there a way to do this more quickly? Can I quikly set up an Excel file with date, title, points, etc and upload it to add the assignment automatically? Or is there a place in moodle to add this info all in one place?

Thanks for your help!

Kelly
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kelly McGinnis

Re: Question

by W Page -
Hi!

I think you should be able to create "offsite" assignments by just placing the assignment in the course with an explanation of what you want done using the "Assignment" mode in the "dropdown" window. This will create an entry in the gradebook. If you want to manipulate grade construction I feel "CalculatedColumns" is good. Otherwise the GradeBook already in Moodle will work OK. You can download files in "excell" or "csv" format. (In other words, both will create a slot in the gradebook for an "offsite" assignment.) CalulatedColumns, however, is not in the main Moodle download. You can download it and install it separately.

To get "CalculatedCollumns". and support for it check out the links below. You should check it out to make sure it works on your system before using it with you class.

Forum
File
See it in action at,
(SignIn - teacher1010/teacher1010)

Jill Kaminski also created another hack (hack within a hack) to add "%" to Calculated Columns (Again, try it out first to see if it works on your system.)

Since you are new to Moodle you may want to give the following a try,

Hope this helps.

WP1
In reply to Kelly McGinnis

Re: Question

by Annie Bishop -

Hi Kelly,

I am the new kid on the block. I just signed tonight. I am here to learn how to design a courseware-authoring module.

Annie