Quiz results automatically go to Grader Report?

Quiz results automatically go to Grader Report?

by eunju kim -
Number of replies: 5
Hi.

Is there any way to make students' hot pot quiz results appear automatically in the Grader report ? Or do I have to type them manually?

Thanks.

Eunju
Average of ratings: -
In reply to eunju kim

Re: Quiz results automatically go to Grader Report?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Eunju,

the Hot Potatoes activities should appear automtically on the grade report as long as ...

• the "Maximum grade" on the "Updating Hot Potatoes Quiz ..." page is greater than zero
  • the "Show gradebook to students" on the course settings page is set to "Yes"

If you are sure the "maximum grade" is greater than zero and the grade book is enabled for your course, try setting the maximum grade to zero, save changes then go back and set the maximm grade to 100%. Does that create a gradebook entry for you?

Could you tell us what version of the Hot Potatoes module you have?

• Site Administration -> Modules -> Activities -> Manage activities
  • the current version for Moodle 1.9 is 2007101513

thanks
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by eunju kim -

Hi Gordon,

I've checked the two points you mentioned.  The "Maximum grade" is 100 and the "Show gradebook to students" is set to "Yes".  I didn't have to change them.

I tried setting the maximum grade to zero, save changes then go back and set the maximm grade to 100%.

It does create a gradebook entry as it did before, but still the grades do not appear automatically. I don't know why... Please see the attached.

The version of the Hot Potatoes module I have is 2007101513, the current version. 

Many thanks,

Eunju

Attachment grader_report.JPG
In reply to eunju kim

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Eunju,

thanks for the extra information.
Are there any errors reported in the Apache logs or PHP logs?

Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -
Hi Eunju,
here's a thought ...

There are no grades for teachers in the gradebook, so you won't see a grade for *you* in the gradebook. If you log in as a student, and try a HotPot or two, you should then see the grades for that student in the gradebook.

Gordon

by eunju kim -
Hi Gordon,

That is right. Thank you!

Eunju