Color grades

Color grades

by Saso Stanojev -
Number of replies: 2
Hi to all

I have a strange wish.smeško
At the primary school i want to grade my childs with colors - green, orange and red.
I know, that grades may be presented with numbers or descriptions, but what about color?
I tried to find solution or hint on Moodle forums, but no one had such a problem.

Is this possible without programming?

Thanks in advance.
In reply to Saso Stanojev

Re: Color grades

by Matt Gibson -
Assuming you mean green=pass and red=fail, you can do this by turning editing on, clicking on the edit icon at the top of the gradebook column you want to set it for (not lined up with any student's name - difficult to distinguish) and then setting the gradetopass value to something. All grades over that threshold will then be green background, whereas the ones below will be red.

You can change the colours in you theme css file. I think the selectors are .gradepass and .gradefail but I'm not 100% sure.
In reply to Matt Gibson

Odg: Re: Color grades

by Saso Stanojev -
Thanks Matt

It's a fine solution, although not exactly what i want. There are only two states and i want the whole cell in desired color.
It would be great if i could set new grade scale with three colors, but as i see, thats not possible without custom programming.
Maybe someone will try to make custom solution soon. smeško

Cheers