Parse error: syntax error during restore

Parse error: syntax error during restore

by Mark Gijtenbeek -
Number of replies: 9

Hello,

When doing a restore of a course that uses the certificate module we get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /../mod/certificate/restorelib.php on line 79
I'm not quite sure whether this is the Certificate module or the Backup module.
Anyone got any ideas.
Thanks in advance1
rgds
Mark
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Gijtenbeek

Re: Parse error: syntax error during restore

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Mark,

Please post your Moodle version number and the Certificate version number and I will look into it.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Mark Gijtenbeek -

Chardelle

It is Moodle 1.9.5 (build 20090520). The Certificate module I have updated using the most recent download file for 1.9 (on 25 of may 2009). In Moodle/admin it says version 2008080904. in version.phph it says v 3.1.9 2007/12/12.

Thank you sofar

Mark

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
That line is to backup the linked activities for certs. I just tested a b/u and restore one a test site running Moodle 20090527 with a certificate with linked activities and it worked fine. mixed
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Mark Gijtenbeek -

Thanks for answering Chardelle - this would suggest that there is something wrong in my installation?
I removed certificate module from the course and tried backup and restore and it went ok. I have removed certificate module and reinstalled, tried again, but problem remains. Next action complete reinstallation of Moodle.

Installing a complete new set is however not quite one of favorite activities glimlach. Do you have any suggestions for further action!?

Mark

by Germán Astorgano -
Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Any suggestion would be really appreciated.

Thanks.
In reply to Germán Astorgano

by Ed Bailey -
Hello,

This is my first attempt to get direct help in the forums, and I'm having the same problem.

Environment Details:

Certificate = 2009080900
Moodle = 1.97+ (Build 20100210)
PHP = 4.4.9
MySql = 5.0.83

My certificates seem to be working so far without issue, but this installation isn't dealing with real students (minimal test users) as yet, since courses aren't quite finished.

Any suggestion(s) would be truly appreciated.

Thank you.
In reply to Ed Bailey

by E. L. Cooper -
When you are restoring are you backing up and then restoring? from your backup?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Which version of PHP? If you are running PHP4 you might well be having problems. Same goes for other person with this problem who is using PHP4.

PHP5 has been around for so long that it is unlikely optional modules have been tested properly with PHP4. Upgrade your PHP smile
In reply to Howard Miller

by Ed Bailey -
Ok,

Well I swapped default PHP handler to PHP5, and now can restore courses from backups - with or without certificates. Unfortunately, other non-moodle issues have surfaced, so I guess it's time to bite-the-bullet and upgrade all scripts that use PHP to work under PHP5.

Thanks for the suggestion Howard.