Flash module add-on: Working on a new 'spelling bee' activity module using Flex; AMF in Moodle 2.0; New Flash Drag and Drop question type

Flash module add-on: Working on a new 'spelling bee' activity module using Flex; AMF in Moodle 2.0; New Flash Drag and Drop question type

by Jamie Pratt -
Number of replies: 1
Hi all,

Am getting more involved in Flash programming again. I am very excited about the possibilities of Flex which is a great language for programming interactive type learning activities with all the benefits that Flash brings - interactivity, video, audio and all. The Flex component framework seems very well thought out and easy to use.

In order to learn more about Flex I've created my first activity module using Flex. You can see examples of instances of the activity on my web site http://jamiep.org/ I put one activity up there that uses some English language mp3s I had lying around although most of the activities are for Thai and are intended to help me learn Thai.

Have also worked on a test client for the AMF web services that will be built into Moodle 2.0. You can see this test client if you get the latest Moodle 2.0 code from HEAD and poke around in the web services directories. Moodle 2.0 will include the Zend AMF server so AMF web services will be built into Moodle!

Am also working on a drag and drop question type for Moodle 1.9 that uses Flash and is available from contrib (will be done in the next week).

Jamie
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Jamie Pratt

Re: Flash module add-on: Working on a new 'spelling bee' activity module using Flex; AMF in Moodle 2.0; New Flash Drag and Drop question type

by Matt Bury -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Jamie,

Great stuff! It looks like you're making good progress with the Zend_AMF services. Have you got any documentation or classes for us to have a look at? I understand that they're a work in progress but it would be nice to have a preview. smile