Block column width

Block column width

by Silverio Lora -
Number of replies: 4

Hello friends,

Recently I installed the moodle 2.0 beta but I'm having problems with the block column width... the menu items are splitted in two rolls, is visible only half calendar, etc.

where I can to change that width in moodle 2.0?

Somebody can help me?

Best regards,

Silver

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Silverio Lora

Re: Block column width

by Dan Humpherson -
Havent really looked at Moodle 2.0 Themes (Note to self), I presume it can still be set in the config.php file?

In reply to Silverio Lora

by Julian Ridden -
I also have to say I haven't looked too much into the themes in Moodle2. You are aware that engine is being completely rewritten and things may change daily. Here are things I would look at.

The tags #left-column and #right-column control the column widths.

The tag .sideblock is used for the block itself. I personally like to set this at 100% width and control my block widths via the column width. But thats purely personal preference.

In reply to Julian Ridden

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I have barely started to change the themes stuff in 2.0 and yes, as the result of some of the earlier changes I made, the width of block columns is currently broken.

I need to get onto it now that I am back from holiday. Hopefully starting tomorrow if I can finish catching up with the forums today.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Tim,
Don't know if this is related, but recently I am having loads of PHP error notices when in Edit mode for each of the blocks, something like: "Notice: Undefined property: block_participants::$id in \moodle\lib\blocklib.php on line 960".
Hope that can be fixed soon!
Joseph