E-Learning properties in action

E-Learning properties in action

by Rohit Chopra -
Number of replies: 2
Currently, I'm in the middle of a reasearch project to find out the best property feature that eLearning should have in order to reach a conclusion proving Moodle as an best alternative over Blackboard.

It's going to be a comparison based on few properties of eLearning just to explore the right conclusion for the purpose of reporting the results at the end.

I'm not really sure which tool or properties to concentrate on to really make my project easier. If you have any idea to do a contrast based on like Virtual Classroom, self paced instructions, Avatar chat, Animated pedagogical agents, etc. which Blackboard won't be able to support in terms of the eLearning properties.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rohit Chopra

Re: E-Learning properties in action

by Andy Freed -
Why don't you research what is best for your institution and your users then decide based on that? Research typically ends with a conclusion, not starts with it.

However, if you're instead looking to argue against the adoption of Blackboard on your campus, or to simply tout the virtues of Moodle, start with the "Case For Moodle" page, then look at the list of documents for decision makers.

I'd recommend staying away from arguing specific features and focus on what it is your institution needs.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andy Freed

Re: E-Learning properties in action

by Rohit Chopra -
Apparently, institution itself is following on it and coincidently I joined as a standalone. They never encourage me to follow this together, but to change the topic. Instead, I'm following my interest taking the help of forums to guide me further when the project is almost completed without their assistance.

Anyways, I'm purely not against Bb which ofcourse will weaken my conclusion. Though I've already applied the technical and Cultural improvements as in the "Case For Moodle". As you (Andy) reckon to tout the virtues of Moodle is my core area of focus taking the theme as Properties of eLearning should have and desing models (using UML).

I'm confused with deciding the right conclusion to match up the overall aim of investigating Open Source over Proprietary. May be if I'm in need of the clear contrast of the properties which does not apply to the Proprietary sources at all or Bb and then design, implement and test. thoughtful But then I'ld certainly need to know those properties as well mixed