Adding Extra links to Resource

Adding Extra links to Resource

by David Hallam -
Number of replies: 0
Im looking for anyone that can give me some advice on how to fix a minor problem i have. I currently have a tv store on a server holding WMV files that i have linked through to moodle via creating a virtuall directory and this is working fine. I can link the WMV files and all play fine but i am currentally having to do this myself as the staff would have no idea on how to find the WMV files and Link to them. So i was wondering if it is possiable to add a new resource totally that would basically point to the Virtual directory and they could select the videos and this would link them to the course. Or Add another tab onto the "add a link or website" resource that would say "Choose a video" that would then open the browser to the directory of the WMV files and link to them. i dont want to copy them to the course as i dont want to start using loads of space on the moodle server when they already sit on another server.

I know this is being developed into moodle 2.0 but and currentaly spending ages adding links to these videos as it is not very easy to do for the staff.

Currentally i am getting to the wmv files by linking to http://mymoodleinstall.ac.uk/tvstore/ thuis alowing me to browse directly to the wmv files.

Any ideas would be very helpfull.

Average of ratings: -