CVS and Contrib

CVS and Contrib

by Mike Churchward -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Is contrib, contrib?

What I mean by this is, is contrib tagged in CVS as well? If I update a contrib module in CVS from the trunk branch, will that also handle the 1.4 stable? Or do we keep separate versions of this too?

mike
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Churchward

Re: CVS and Contrib

by Gustav W Delius -
I think it would make a lot of sense to keep a stable branch in contrib CVS as well.
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Contrib is a completely separate CVS module to the main "moodle" module.

If someone else wants to manage contrib branches then I'm all for it - my hands are full enough with "moodle".

Each person could look after their own directory and make their own branches according to some standard naming scheme that we all know about, or someone could be volunteer to coordinate and check things.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Gustav W Delius -

I think the creation of the MOODLE_14_STABLE branch should be done individually in each directory in contrib by someone who knows the code in that directory. It would be very difficult for a single person to find out for each directory exactly where the right point is to make this branch.

However when MOODLE_15_STABLE is created on the moodle module I think it should simply at the same time be created for the entire contrib module.

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm comfortable with working the way it is now. I just wanted to make sure I was getting any changes to a contrib module into all the proper places.

mike