Prevent Non-Editing Teacher from Editing Grades

Re: Prevent Non-Editing Teacher from Editing Grades

by Elena Ivanova -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Diane,
If role is allowed to provide a grade via the gradebook, then it is also allowed to edit grades. I believe there is just one capability defined: Edit Grades

What you may do is to lock items.
So, once the instructor approves and Unhides the grade, he has to Lock/Lock After it too (just do not allow TAs to Unlock items via roles interface).

Or you may also do not allow TAs to use gradebook at all.
There are separate capabilities to Rate Entries or Rate Forum posts, defined for Assignments, Forums, etc.

So what you may do, is to:
- prevent TAs from Editing the gradebook at all.
- Allow them to rate Assignments. Use Hidden/Hidden until features in the gradebook not to show the grades right away.
- Once TA grades an assignment, instructor approves, then Unhides and Locks the grade. So, TA will not be able to mess the grade anymore.
Basically same scenario as above.

p.s. I have just tested it and it works great. But, I have got a really weird code populated, once I have clicked Edit icon for the locked grade. Something like:QuickForm Error: nonexistent html element Nonexistant element(s): 'overridden' in HTML_QuickForm::freeze()
Backtrace :..

I guess there is some bug, so I will report it. But this works regardless of the code message.