Images in Moodle Book Module

Images in Moodle Book Module

by Dennis Di Sarro -
Number of replies: 11
I am a new user Moodle version 1.9.1. I installed the book module and have been creating several books for classes. I do not have a HTML header as the one above and in the Moodle docs it shows one. I am unable to insert images or hyperlinks.

Any suggestions.

Attachment add_bookchapter163.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dennis Di Sarro

Re: Images in Moodle Book Module

by Eric Hagley -
Are you using Opera or Safari? If so, those browsers don't support the html editor. Please try Firefox. (This has been discussed widely. A search for "html editor doesn't show" or something similar will show this.)
If this is not the problem, then please advise.
In reply to Eric Hagley

by Dennis Di Sarro -
I'm using Firefox. I'm not sure what the problem is?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Try going to site admin and then appearance>html editor and make sure that "use html editor" is ticked/checked.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dennis Di Sarro -
"use html editor" is checked??

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
where it says "use html editor"- is there a tick in the box?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dennis Di Sarro -
Yes! Any other suggestions?

by E. L. Cooper -
Have you tried looking at it with a different computer just to rule out the possibilty that it is some security setting on your sysyem?
In reply to E. L. Cooper

by Dan Barnett -
Hi, E.L.,

I determined with a little experimentation that the issue with getting my materials into the book had to do with the extensive information in the head, which included javascript and css support. The Book doesn't support that and blocks javascript (as you suggest) because of security problems.

Moodle works just fine if I try to import my materials as a Web site.

Thanks for your comment!

Cheerily,

Dan
In reply to Dan Barnett

by John Andrewartha -
Dan,
Which module are you referring to? I got into this thread way back and after deleating a load of email lost it. The culprit from memory appeared to be the trusted user policy in Moodle. The wiki mentions it but does not actually tell you how to put either a user or a role in as trusted.
If we solve that then things should work.
John
In reply to John Andrewartha

by Dan Barnett -
Hi, John,

I'm referring to the Book module, but I won't be able to change the trusted user policies since I'll be using another school's Moodle instance.

No worries, though. It turns out that if I have some css-dependent pages it's better to import the content as a Web site. I've tried it and it works fine.

Thanks again for your encouragement!

Cheerily,

Dan