Change Resource Type?

Change Resource Type?

by Chad Bergeron -
Number of replies: 1
We're a small school converting from Blackboard to Moodle, and have hit a small snag in the course import process. Many of the resources being imported are coming in as text pages when they are in fact HTML encoded pages. I understand this is a perfectly understandable issue, as the file type for both is text. Is it possible though, to convert a text page resource into a web page resource? I hate having to ask my faculty to copy and paste into a new web page resource just to get the editing toolbar.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chad Bergeron

Re: Change Resource Type?

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Chad, you should be able to do this if you have access to the backend database, through phpmyadmin or similar.

Look for the mdl_resource table, find the resource(s) in question, edit them, and change the type to html (you'll need to type it in).

You say "Many of the resources...", so I'm not sure how useful the next bit will be, but uf you want to convert ALL your text resources to HTML, you can run a sql command to update them - it would look something like...

UPDATE mdl_resource SET type =html WHERE type =text

but use that with extreme caution!!! - as I said, it will convert ALL your text resources to HTML and that may be a step too far! And sorting out the mess will be a nightmare.