Automatic course content creation

Automatic course content creation

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I think I have to ask this every time I look for it... but where is the thing that automagically creates test courses and content?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Automatic course content creation

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Do you mean like with LDAP or something else?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Noooo... there's a handy script (somewhere) that simply creates a number of random courses and fills them with random stuff. It's intended for developers and testers so you don't have to find or build courses and content to play about with.

Just, I can never remember what it's called or find it.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Oh that sounds fun! Come on somebody tell him the answer so I can crib off it smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Howard Miller -
Ahhh... to answer my own question it's in contrib

http://cvs.moodle.org/contrib/tools/generators/

I thought it was in core.

by Tim Hunt -
It is in HEAD. admin/generator.php.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ray Lawrence -
Looks interesting but it doesn't work for me.

"Error reading from database"

Any clues on how to remedy?

Edit: Tried this with the CVS version. I get a page with this:

Log of /contrib/tools/generators/generator.php