Quiz feedback in the gradebook?

Re: Quiz feedback in the gradebook?

by Matt Gibson -
Number of replies: 0
Regarding MDL-13978, this may seem over-complex but I think there's mileage in having composite feedback a little like I suggested above, only with the latest attempt's feedback appended to the end of the existing stuff (teacher edits included), with each bit clearly marked as such. That way, the feedbacks don't conflict and the improvement is recorded there too.

My original reason for thinking of this issue was that for every other part of the course except the timed essay quizzes, my feedback including improvement targets is visible directly from the user report. If we are not going to have the essay question feedback there, then it does reduce the usefulness of the essay questions within the quiz (for me), although maybe this is not a common use case. I wanted to have a single place where the students can see all feedback/targets, so maybe Elena's idea of a link in the user report would go some way towards fixing this.

Two other solutions come to mind:
* To treat a quiz with only a single essay question differently, having the question feedback as the overall feedback
* Don't use the quiz like this and just use the assignment module, but with a timer extension to it. This may be better actually.